One of the things that most people miss when they give up gluten, grains, and refined sugar is toast in the morning. Here is a quick and easy recipe for delicious grain-free, hearty bread that you can slice and freeze.
- 1 cup almond flour or blanched ground almonds
- ½ cup of ground mixed nuts (brazil, macadamias, pecans, walnuts)
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- 2 tablespoon buckwheat flour (omit if sensitive to buckwheat)
- 4 tablespoons ground pumpkin, sunflower and flaxseeds
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey or maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 5 large organic free range eggs
Step by Step “How to”
- Pre-heat your oven to 175° C or 350° F
- Grease and line a loaf tin with parchment paper
- In a mixing bowl, combine dry ingredients
- In a separate mixing bowl, combine all wet ingredients
- Then combine wet and dry ingredients, either by hand, or in a food processor
- Pour into your greased and lined loaf tin
- Bake at 175° for 30 – 35 minutes
- Cool in pan for 10 minutes
- Remove from pan and leave on a cooling rack for an hour
- Slice and enjoy.
- If you’d like to prolong the life of your bread, slice once cool, and then pop into the freezer, to enjoy at a later date.