It’s Shrove Tuesday and everyone around us is enjoying pancakes. If you’ve decided to indulge, be sure to check out our paleo pancakes so that way you can celebrate without worrying about gluten or dairy.
And part of celebrating guilt-free is to enjoy crepes or pancakes with our healthier Nutella.
Hazelnuts are a great source of folate, which support mood and energy, bioflavonoids which support brain health, and oleic acid which lowers bad cholesterol.
Cacao is a rich source of magnesium, that miracle mineral which promotes relaxation, and fights stress.
However, commercially available Nutella’s number one ingredient is sugar, and we want to avoid the white stuff as much as possible!
Our mission is to share healthier versions of your favourite foods, that are nutritionally dense but don’t compromise on taste or texture.
So without further ado, here’s our Paleo Nutella.
- 2 cups (240g) hazelnuts
- 1 tbsp organic vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup raw cacao
- 1/4 cup Organic Maple Syrup
- 1/4 tsp celtic sea salt
- 2 tsp coconut oil for extra smoothness
Step-by-Step “How to”
- Preheat oven to 175c
- Spread hazelnuts in a baking tray and roast for 10 minutes, checking on them every few minutes
- Remove from the oven and place into a towel
- Rub until the brown skin comes off
- Once mostly removed, place into a food processor and process for up to 7 minutes or until it becomes a smooth butter
- Add in oil, maple syrup, vanilla
- Blend for another 2-3 minutes until smooth
- Let cool completely before serving
- Store in an air-tight container for 1-2 weeks
Enjoy with your favourite gluten-free crepes or favourite slices of fruit for a healthy dessert that will keep your blood sugar and your mood balanced.